29R - Nothing but blue skies...


Wait for it

Weather: KBJC 172316Z 26014G20 60SM BKN060 BKN110 22/10 A2992

Basically the weather line above just says "no flying for Pete." If you calculate out the crosswind component for runway 29R/L, you get about a 7 KTS crosswind. 5 KTS is the most I can fly in. So no flight last night. I got a call from the chief flight instructor on my way to the airport. We rescheduled for today at 5 again. The winds are still a bit crazy this morning and they are expected to change by this afternoon, but are supposed to be a bit unpredictable. So we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Good luck today on your pre-solo check. I am sure you will do fine. I just found your blog through thirtythousandfeet.com and will watch it with interest. I also fly out of BJC and am working towards a career in flying. This past weekend I passed my Multiengine Commercial checkride. You can check out my blog at www.apilotsjourney.com  

  2. Pete said...

    jclark: congratulations on passing the multi commercial. That's great. I'll watch your blog for your progress. I can't wait until I'm close to where you are right now. Good luck with your single engine commercial.  


 

No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.